- Botswana (177)
- Ghana (528)
- Kenya (1)
- Lesotho (12)
- Namibia (166)
- Rwanda (117)
- South Africa (1,029)
- Tanzania (25)
- Uganda (579)
- Uncategorized (7)
Kelvin is an associate in the Corporate Department of our Dar es Salaam office in Tanzania.
He has experience in corporate services, banking and financing, corporate restructuring, competition, M&A, not-for-profit organizations and conveyancing.
Prior to joining Bowmans, Kelvin worked at a recognized international law firm in its Dar es Salaam office and also in the corporate and commercial transactions department of boutique law practice based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
He has an LLM in Corporate and Commercial Law from the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and an LLB (Hons) from the Catholic University of Eastern Africa in Nairobi, Kenya.
Kelvin is a registered Advocate in Tanzania and a member of the Tanganyika Law Society (TLS).
- Advised a Mauritius based Investment Company acting through its implementing agent with respect to a Receivables Purchase Agreement with a Tanzanian entity valued at USD 2 million.
- Advised a foreign lender on a loan facility of EUR 2 million extended to a Tanzanian financial leasing company.
- Advised a foreign investor/lender based in the United States of America on a variation of an existing loan facility extended to Tanzanian entity worth USD 1,575,000.
- Advised a Tanzanian renewable energy company on various matters including USD 620,000 committed facility extended by a lender in the renewable energy sector.
- Legal advisor and secretary to a number of Tanzanian companies and non-governmental organizations both locally and internationally registered in Tanzania.
- Advised a Tanzanian company on the set up of its subsidiary. My role included drafting the company constitutional documents, the incorporation and different post incorporation matters.
- Advised a Mauritius based Investment Company represented by on an acquisition of the business (shares) of a Tanzanian company worth USD 1,250,000.
- Advised and worked with one of the autonomous organizations of the United Nations in setting up six (6) corporate entities in the form of special purpose vehicles (SPVs) and restructuring one already existing company (by developing proper organization and governance structure to manage the company) for purposes of operating and managing different community based projects in Kigoma, Simiyu, Mara and Singida.
- Advised a South African investment bank on a mezzanine facilities agreement for facilities of USD 18,079,000.00 extended to a Mauritius based holding company (Borrower) which was secured by different securities including two (2) corporate guarantees from two (2) Tanzanian companies which are subsidiaries of the Borrower.
- Advised a South African investment bank in relation to a payment plan agreement between a Dubai based information technology and systems company and a leading Tanzanian bank.
- Advised a French based lender (a financial institution) in an offshore transaction that involved the transfer of its interests (eligible receivables) under a USD 992,907,801 facility advanced to the Government acting through the Ministry of Finance to its refinancing vehicle/entity based in France.
- Advised a French based financing company in the repurchase of a supplier credit facility an amount of circa EUR 1,165,000 granted by a French based exported/supplier to a Tanzania manufacturing and exporting company.
- Advised a financing fund based in the Cayman Islands on a USD 7 million uncommitted commodity financing transaction extended to a Tanzanian manufacturing company.