- Botswana (177)
- Ghana (528)
- Kenya (1)
- Lesotho (12)
- Namibia (166)
- Rwanda (117)
- South Africa (1,029)
- Tanzania (25)
- Uganda (579)
- Uncategorized (7)
Imani is a Senior Associate in our Dar es Salaam office. He has advised local and international clients on Tanzanian laws and regulatory issues relating to a wide range of sectors including; projects and construction, banking and finance, oil and gas, mining, telecommunications and insurance.
Prior to joining Bowmans, he worked at another international law firm in Dar es Salaam. He was also seconded to Shell Exploration and Production Tanzania Limited who are collaborating with other major oil & gas companies and the Government of Tanzania to realise the proposed $ 30 bln Tanzania LNG project.
Imani has an LLB degree from Mzumbe University, a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law School of Tanzania and a Masters degree in Revenue Law and Administration from the University of Dar es Salaam.
Imani is admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and is a member of the Tanganyika Law Society.
- Advising international energy companies on various Tanzania law aspects of the proposed $30 bln Tanzania LNG Project.
- Advising the Federal Government of Somalia during negotiations and drafting of a new Port Concession Agreement for rehabilitation of Mogadishu Port.
- Advising Loinette Capital Limited on its acquisition of Hortanzia Limited.
- Advising Exim Bank Tanzania Ltd on its acquisition of UBL Bank Tanzania Ltd.
- Advising and assisting various fintech companies with applying and obtaining licences and approvals from TCRA and BOT.
- Advising and assisting various clients with applying and obtaining approvals from the Fair Competition Commission.
- Undertaking legal due diligence on companies and preparing reports for clients.
- Advising clients on new legislation and recommending compliance measures in line with the current legal developments.
- Secondment to Shell Exploration and Production Tanzania Limited (a subsidiary of Shell PLC).